Archive for Day: April 4, 2017
What is the Best Dental Insurance Plan For Me
While there is not a Best dental insurance policy, their certainly is a Best dental insurance policy for YOU! Our office as spoken to tens of thousands of dental shoppers and with no doubt some plans will work better for you and your family than others. Plans differ primarily in how much you’ll have to pay monthly for your coverage and how much you’ll have to pay when dental services are performed. Most policies require that you pay a co-pay for basic or major services, or meet a specific deductible before the dental insurance begins payment. Other policies limit coverage to a specific dollar amount maximum per year.
However, the main place to start is with your dentist. To be honest most dentists are not even 100% certain of which policies they take and they do not take. This is because a company like Aetna, Anthem, Cigna, and United Healthcare have dozens of different PPO networks. For that simple reason, we strong recommend you work with our office, so we can see which policies your dentist prefers. We do this by checking with numerous insurance companies. As a consumer this access is not readily available to you, so we do the legwork on our end.
When shopping dental insurance, here are questions to ask yourself:
- How much can I afford or would like to spend on monthly basis?
- How much is the deductible?
- Once the deductible is met, how much will the policy pay for my services?
- What dentists participate in the plan’s PPO network?
- Are these dentists that my family and I would like to see?
- Am I willing to change my dentist if it means saving money?
- If I used a dentist outside the plan’s network, how much will I have to pay?
- Are some plans better than others of out of network?
- Are there waiting periods for certain procedures? How long can I wait?
Rather than trying to figure all this out on your own, it is advised to simply get a quote with us and we can help you narrow down your options.